We’re going to continue down the bunny-trail of non-HG posts just a bit farther today and talk about handling the blog in 2011.
I’ve been working on my blogging resolutions for this year. I’ve come up with the following ideas:
- Blog More Often. WordPress has issued a blog more often challenge. As a part of that, I’ve decided that I will post 3 times per week for the Post A Week 2011 challenge. I will read the WordPress Daily Post for pointers and ideas. It may be hard to blog this often, but I think it’s important to set this goal to make sure I stay connected when I get sick. Staying connected when I’m sick, I hope, will stave off those horrible feelings of isolation I felt last time around.
- Blog on a Schedule. I’ve decided to post on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Not only does this let you guys know when to expect posts, but it gives me, the Queen of All Procrastinators, structured deadlines. I hope this added structure will keep me posting through the rough stuff. I’m debating adding in a Wordless Wednesday post. I’m a pretty sucky photographer, but I like the idea of showing sometimes as opposed to telling.
- Keep a running list of Ideas for New Posts. This way if I feel sick and stumped, I can draw on one of my brainstormed ideas. I have a lot floating around in my head, but I need to get them written down. I’ll keep the list on a private page, so that it can evolve a little more easily than a paper list. This will also keep it a little more accessible if I have to blog from a borrowed computer.
- Network more with other bloggers. I want to read more blogs and comment more regularly on blogs. I tend to get a little shy about commenting on different blogs, but I just need to do it! I need to get over my feelings of intimidation. I also want to search my keywords a little more frequently to see if any new HG blogs pop up. It’s nice to connect with other women who are or have been suffering with this same disease. Having that sense of community can be really meaningful when you’re suffering and alone.
- Tweak the blog front page to better suit my needs. There are a few sections that I have added for whenever I do get pregnant. I want to keep a weight journal to track weight loss and gain over the long haul. This means I had to learn a little HTML to get the table set up. I also want to keep track of how much this disease is costing. I was so floored by the cost of the Zofran that I’m curious to compare how much a well-managed case of HG costs with and without insurance. I want to find other ways to tweak the front page of the blog to provide more complete information.
- Read blogs on blogging on a regular basis. I’m a new blogger. Reading post with blogging tips, hints, advice and pointers will help. Yes, I have a degree in composition, but that type of writing is a whole other ballgame. Read about it, learn more, stay fresh.
So those are my resolutions. I think they sound pretty good. Nice and achievable, but with a little stretch in there to make the goals a challenge.
Thanks for reading y’all. It’s so exciting to actually have people who want to read what I have to say. I’m looking forward to the 2011 blogging year!
Next week, we’ll be back to our regularly schedule HG blogging.